About This Recipe
"This is absolutely divine! Ruth has done it again! Note, the first time I made this I noticed there was a bit of extra liquid left over, next time I will adjust the amount of butter and/or add a bit more potato."
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( pecans preferred)
- 1/4 cup butter ( melted)
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes ( can use canned to save time, just drain)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs ( well beaten)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted ( 1/2 cup)
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.